Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer Is Definitely Winding Down

     My son left for his last football camp of the summer this morning. :( I just don't feel right when I don't have all three of my kids at home. He lives and breathes football so I know he will be just fine, but I miss him already and it has only been 1 hour and 27 minutes.

     On the way to the school, we were planning out the next couple of weeks when he gets back and we both knew the summer was winding down before school starting, but we didn't really realize just how close we are! I am ready for the football games, but not the school schedule and homework. At least I have both boys in high school so I only have to keep up with things going on at one school. I am NOT a multi-tasker.

     I am a certified teacher, but I am embarrassed to say I was not one of those moms who worked constantly with my kids to get them ready for preschool. I was a stay at home mom, but I felt like they had plenty of years of school ahead of them and while I did teach them the basics, I let them just enjoy being kids with no pressure. It was probably a mistake because I don't know how you can be behind in pre-K, but it is easier than you think.

     I found this site that is great for teaching kids before preschool and even through 2nd grade helping struggling readers. I remember all those phonics lessons and going over them with my kids.

    The program is Study Dog and it is unique in that it adapts to the pace of your child. It is also very entertaining. I found this information on another blog and knew I needed to add it to my Homework page. Please go to this blog for a little more information: Four Little Thiiiings.  Not only will you find more info, but there is a giveaway.  The program is for ages 4-9 and she has used the program, I haven't so she has much more insight to what makes it a worthwhile program.

     By the way, she is managing 2 sets of twins so I am guessing she is a pretty dang good multi-tasker!

No comments:

Post a Comment