Saturday, August 27, 2011

Educational, Fun, and Free.....Can't Beat That!


     Have you seen DOGO News for kids?  My kids are a little older and use Google and such for finding information and I don't have to help them like my sister does with her younger kids.  I was the weird child that always loved school and learning.  I still do!  I have gone back and taken classes here and there since I graduated with a degree in Middle Grades Education.  I was a stay at home mom for years, so I enjoyed taking classes here and there.  My parents say if I could get paid for being a professional student I would.

     This site is part of PBS so it is free and entertaining as well as educational.  There is even a chance for your young writer to be a part of the information.  For teachers, there is a free sign up for lesson plans, homework, links to your classroom wiki, and a password protected way for students to add comments.  I may be the last parent to know about this site since my kids find most of their information on their own, but I love it and I am going to make sure my sister and sister in law know about it.  Anything that is as much fun as educational gets an A+ in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment